|123ignition did it again ! If you want to tune your engine, or you have an engine for which there is no standard distributor available.....the new 123\TUNE is the answer ! By connecting it to a computer, the end-user can easily adapt the 123\TUNE to fulfill even the most demanding requirements. The unit offers two sets of curves that can be selected by placing 12 Volt on a wire from the 123\TUNE.
( Handy, if you're driving on two different fuels, like regular fuel with LPG or with Ethanol )
The latest version of the 123\TUNE software is 1.7.1
download it now (7 Mb installer)
|The minimum system requirements for the 123-tune software are :
• MS Windows XP
• 1 gigahertz (GHz) processor
• 256 megabytes (MB) RAM
• free (powered!) USB port
• USB cable with mini-B plug (male)
Here are all the features offered :
- rotation CW and CCW ( autodetect )
- for 6 Volt and/or 12 Volt cars ( autodetect )
- variable dwell constant current, fully autom. ( autodetect )
- coil current protection time-out after 1 second ( autodetect )
- spark-balancing: better than 0,5 degr. crankshaft
- for positive and negative earthed cars
( 123\TUNE-8 is for neg.earth ONLY )
- two centrifugal advance curves
( 500 to 8000 rpm )
- two vacuum-advance and boost-retard curves
( 0 to 200 kPa or -30 inHg to +15 psi )
- two MAP-start fields
- two rev.limiters ( advanced random spark stealing )
- real-time tuning under keyboard-control ( ideal for working on a rolling road )
- rpm-stopwatch ( ideal for tuning using the road itself as a rolling road )
- luxurious import-from-file and export-to-file ( curves can easily be exchanged over the internet )
- electronic "dashboard" with :
temperature gauge ( selectable in degrees Celsius or Fahrenheit )
manifold pressure ( selectable in Bar or inches Hg / Psi )
rev. counter ( 0 to 8000 rpm crankshaft )
spark-energy gauge ( primary coil current )
total-advance gauge ( in degrees crankshaft )
- available in 4- , 6- and 8- cylinder models with various sizes and shapes.
Below you will find linedrawings with the dimensions of the different models available. The four-cylinder model, can be supplied with a top-entry or with a side-entry cap.
The six-cylinder model however can only be supplied with a top-entry cap.
Twelve different shapes can be supplied for the 4- resp 6-cylinder
123\TUNE, indicated in the last position of the type-number ( e.g. "123\TUNE-4-R-V-BMW" ) :
"G" is suited to replace many Lucas distributors ( MG,Jaguar,Triumph )
"M" is suited to replace many Bosch distributors ( Mercedes )
"D" is suited to replace many Ducellier's ( Citroen,Alfa )
"V" is suited to replace many Bosch distributors ( VW, Porsche, Volvo )
"KENT" is suited for so-called "FORD-KENT"-engines, and are supplied with a mounting bracket.
"BMW" is suited for "BMW-M10"-engines.
"DUC" is suited to replace many Ducellier's distributors ( Comes with Ducellier cap & rotor )
"REN" is suited to replace many Renault distributors (Comes with Ducellier cap & rotor )
"MINI-A+" is suited for “Mini A+” engines
"B21-B23" is suited for “Volvo B21-B23” engines
"FIAT-TC" is suited for so-called “Fiat twin-cam” engines
"LANCIA" is suited for the Lancia Fulvia.
By selecting the right model, you can minimize the mechanical amount of work to adapt the 123\TUNE to your engine.
For the 8-cyl. 123\TUNE, so far, three models are available, as indicated below. ( for Rolls-Royce, Bentley and Rover )